Shaping the lives of tomorrow . . . You can play a part!You can make an ETERNAL difference in the life of a child. Join the Team today!
As with all of our programs and special activities, our children are better served when our members and parents volunteer to plan, promote, and participate! Please share your gift of ministry with the children and families of Plant City’s First Baptist Church.
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our children?
- Do you believe we can bring the love of God to even our youngest members?
- Do you envision more than "child care" when you look into our classrooms?
- Has God blessed you with talents of leadership, creativity, organization, or teaching?
- Do you enjoy spending time with children?
If you answered any of the above questions in the affirmative, preschool or children’s ministry may be where God is seeking your help.
Preschool & Children's Ministry Opportunities
Preschool & Children’s Teachers:
- Positions available for the 9:00 and 10:30 Sunday School hours.
- Positions include lead and assistant teachers.
- Weekly and bi-weekly positions available.
- Sunday evening teachers and assistants for our Royal Ambassadors (RA’s), Girls in Action (GA’s), Team Kid and Bible Drills.
Preschool & Children’s Substitute Teachers:
Preschool Welcome & Registration Team:
- Welcome Preschool visitors.
- Register new families in Parent Pager system.
- Explain security system.
- Escort families to their child’s room
Door Safety Guard:
- Monitor hallways before and after 9:00 and 10:30 am Sunday School hour.
Preschool VIP Ministry:
- 10:30 Worship Service - VIPs arrive at 10:10 am to allow teachers to prepare for Choir during the 10:30 Worship Service. VIPs for this service remain in the room the entire hour. Infants thru 1 year olds. VIP volunteers are an extra pair of hands that love and care for our little ones.
- 9:00 Worship Service - VIPs allow Choir members to sing during the first part of the 9:00 Worship Service. VIPs arrive at 8:40 am and remain in room until approximately 9:20 am to cover for a teacher who is a Choir member.
Special Events Support:
- Pastor’s Pals Celebrations
- Preschool Movie Nights
- Adventure Weekend
- I’m A Christian Now Lock-In
- Fall Festival
- Egg Drop
- Vacation Bible School
Serving in children’s ministry is the BEST thing a person can do.
Not only do you experience first-hand the transformation of young lives,
you experience a community of like-minded people who know that growth in Christ always occurs when you give your life away to serve others.
Serving in children’s ministry is EASY.
We have a wonderful staff and lots of veteran volunteers poised to train and equip, to walk along side, and to help you experience success in cultivating the soil of our children’s hearts.
Our desire is that each volunteer will experience more love, more joy,
more ministry and more of His presence as you step out in faith into the mystery of leading a child to Christ.
There is a place for every gift and level of experience in our Preschool and Children’s Ministry.
Where might you serve best?
If you would like more information or would like to volunteer in any of the above ministries,
please email Bill Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Debbie Gillespie, Children(email@example.com) or
April Nipper, Preschool (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or call at (813) 752-4104.