Managing Site Navigation
To make changes to yourSite Navigation menus:
- From the Admin Console, choose Site Administration > Site Navigation.
- You will see a series of columns. Each column represents a main category of your navigation menu:
- In each column, you will see a series of "blocks". The top block (shaded white) is themain or parent button for that section of the navigation. The other blocks below that (shaded gray) are the sub or child items in that section of the navigation.
- Within each block, notice the following fields/buttons:
- Name: The name of this navigation option, as it should appear on the screen.
- URL: The target location of the link. This URL can be an Absolute link or a Relative link.
- Image: On some Websites, there may be an image associated with each navigation option. In this case, you may specify the appropriate image with each navigation block. You can either type the address to the image (usually a JPG file) or use the "Choose" link to open the File Manager.
- Delete (X): Click this button to delete a navigation button from the menu.
- Move (up/down): Click these arrows to sort/move your navigation buttons up and down within each category.
- To add a new item to the bottom of a navigation "tree" or category, scroll down and click the "Add Submenu" button. Your new button will appear at the bottom of the list.
- Whenever you make changes to any are of your navigation menu, it's important that you scroll down and click the "Save" button. Changes will not be stored unless you Save.
To make changes to your Site Navigation menus using the Tree Format:
- From the Admin Console, choose Site Administration > Site Navigation > Select View navigation in tree format (upper right of screen)
- You may change the following Navigation items:
- Open a Submenu by clicking a plus sign.
- Click on an item name to change the Name, URL, or Image. Save your changes.
- Change the order of your navigation by dragging and dropping menu items into a new position.
- To remove a menu item, right click on the item name and select Delete (X).