Depending on the design of your site, you may also be able to display separate sets of marquee items on the home pages for each of the groups in your organization.
Marquee items normally consist of the following:
- Descriptive text/blurb
To add/manage items to your library of Marquee items
- From the Admin Console, choose Site Administration > Marquee.
NOTE: if you do not see the Site Administration menu, then you are not an administrator. Please contact your site administrator to have your user account adjusted.
NOTE: if you see the Site Administration menu but not the Marquee option, then your site does not use this feature.
- Choose the group whose Marquee items you wish to manage. In most cases, this will be the name of your Master Group.
- You will see the list of Marquee items. They will be sorted by Start Date.
- Click an existing Marquee item to edit its details, or click the "Create New Item" link to add a new one.
- Edit the fields as necessary:
- Name: This is the title or name of your Marquee item. It may or may not be displayed on your Web page, depending on the design of your site.
- Description: Enter your description text here. You are limited to a maximum of 250 characters in this space. This field accepts plain text only (not HTML).
- Link: If you want your marquee item to be clickable, then enter the Link target here. When your visitors click on your Marquee item, they will be taken to this link.
- Start Date: Enter the first date on which this marquee item should appear.
- End Date: Enter the last date on which this marquee item should appear.
- Published: Check this box to make this Marquee active. If the item is not published, then it will not appear on your Web page (regardless of the Start and End Dates).
- Click the "Save" button to submit your changes.
Once you have added items to your Marquee group, they are now ready to be shown on your Website. To display your Marquee items on a Web page, use the soMarquee tag.